The YFN team put on a good show at Grand Lodge on Friday night, creating a pop-up bar with a small selection of drinks for those who were able to attend.
With 30+ through the door on the night its safe to say the night was a success and many of us were able to meet some brothers we didn't know and chat about all manner of things. With masons as far as Loxton and Darwin being able to attend; we're hoping the diversity of friendship left an imprint on just what the YFN is about - be it pluggers or shined leather; being a good bloke never goes out of fashion.
While the main focus of the night was to re-introduce YFN to the membership at large I also had some opportunities to let people know what is going to happen over the next year.
- The YFN encourages non-masons to attend - so bring your friends, and bring your partners.
- The website settings for the event were troublesome and some people wernt able to register - if you have any issues with the website - firstname.lastname@example.org will get you in touch with us and we can fix it.
- Some members of Eudunda Lodge - No.85 are trying diligently to support a Spina Bifida fundraiser in August - when we know, you will know. Tickets will be expensive, but the night will be typically phenomenal. If there is one event you plan on supporting this year, make it this one and buy a table of 10.
- There were 4 candidates present last night who have applied to join a craft lodge, once they are booked and we know the dates we will send them out to all. Help make their entry into freemasonry a memorable one and visit if you can.
- Eudunda Lodge - No.85 is having a 100 year installation this November, if you can - be there and experience a contemporary approach to lodge business.
- Finding the basement room was difficult for guys who hadn't been to North Terrace before - we'll make sure to get some maps drawn up for the event invitations so we know where we are going and where the cars can park.
- The committee is going to meet in the next couple of weeks and try to lock away some more dates and trouble to get into, so check your emails and stay updated.
Most of all guys, thanks to those that were able to attend, many of you passed me a note or email apologising due to other commitments but really - if you missed it you missed out. Hope to see you next time.
Biggest thanks goes to Nick Herraman who arrived at Grand Lodge at Midday to unpack all the gear and set up the room, arranged the refreshments (all on his day off), then completed the final pack down after we all left. You are a legend mate.
The YFN Team.